Boys and Girls of all abilities are invited to join in on all the fun!
Train and compete with the Cal Coast Youth Team. A team where kids are first ... winning is second.
Coach Bill Sumner, the winningest high school coach in the State of California, has created a program for kids where every kid is a winner. Kids will train and compete with kids their same age and ability.
Boys and Girls ages 8-14
The Cal Coast Youth program is a year-round program
There are 3 organized practices per week
Monday: Turtle Rock Park 4:30-5:30 PM
Tuesday: CDM HS Track 4:30-5:30 PM
Thursday: Bonita Creek Park 4:30-5:30 PM
Training activities will include:
- Dynamic and Static Stretching
- Core Work and Body Balance
- Long Runs (ability based)
- Speed Work (short intervals)
- Trail Runs
- Learn about Pacing
- Train for Distances from 200m - 5000m
- All kids will train to compete in events from 200m to 5000m
- Event schedule will change each month and be posted
- Parents will be responsible for entries into the different competitions
All registered members will receive a Cal Coast racing singlet.
There may occasionally be extra costs that are the responsibility of the parent. These include but are not limited to:
- Race entry fees
- USATF mebership
Please follow this link to register your child for the Cal Coast Youth ProgramRegister